In what cases should I choose “Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of an apartment” and “Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of a building”?
Answer: This you can choose in the case if you care for the risks related with the management of real estate (apartment or building) and you think that neither you, nor your family members could cause any harm to any third party.
In what cases should I choose “Civil liability insurance for private persons”?
1) If there are minors in your family – the amount of the insurance applies to all family members;
2) If you are an owners of domestic animals (for instance, a cat or a dog) and you want to protect you from any emergency situation;
3) If you own more than one real estate (for example, an apartment and a private house) provided that both these real entities are used for living by the insurant and his or her family members;
4) If you are a tenant of dwelling premises and you want to insure any accidental harm to these rented premises;
5) If you and your family use to travel and want to protect yourself from claims of any third party in a foreign country;
6) If you and your family prefer active leisure (skiing, cycling, snowboarding, etc) and it is related with a stay in public places. “Civil liability insurance for private person” has a broader scope of functions if compared to the “Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of an apartment” and “Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of a building” because additional risks that follow from management of real estate also apply to many other kinds of risks (see.: product description).
What is the price for civil liability insurance policies?
Answer: Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of an apartment and Civil liability insurance for owners/tenants of a building – starting with 5 LVL, whilst civil liability insurance for private persons – with 15 LVL.Civil liability insurance for builders – beginning with 20 LVL.For more detailed information on insurance propositions, please, contact the IJSC “Seesam Latvia” office or client service centres (see information in the “Contacts” subpage).
What is a self-risk?
Answer: A self-risk is the part of losses in financial terms or proportion that is subtracted from the insurance reimbursement sum after the insurance case has occurred. A self-risk is participation of the insurant in covering the losses. The greater is the self-risk, the smaller is the insurance payment.Self-risk sum may differ depending on the insured object and/or insurance risks.
How to cancel or terminate a policy?
Answer: To cancel or terminate a policy the following documents must be submitted:
1. Completed application for cancellation or termination of an insurance policy.
2. If a bank or leasing company is indicated as a beneficiary or the insured person in the policy, then, together with a written notice or the Policy cancellation application, the policyholder (or his authorized representative) or the vehicle owner (or his authorized representative) shall submit to the insurer an official letter of the bank or the leasing company containing authorisation of the bank or the leasing company to cancel this insurance contract.
3. Power of attorney from the policyholder or the owner of the vehicle, if the refundable premium is refunded to another person.