Health Insurance for foreigners
The program is intended for persons who, in accordance with the Immigration Law of the Republic of Latvia, for obtaining a residence permit must have a valid health insurance policy in force in the Republic of Latvia and in the territory of any other Schengen Area member state.
According to the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers, a person who is not a citizen of Latvia or a non-citizen of Latvia, when applying for a short, long-term visa or residence permit, is required to submit a health insurance policy valid for the territory of the Republic of Latvia and the territory of the Schengen Area member states where the visa is valid.
- Seesam offers a health insurance program for foreigners, which provides the necessary insurance coverage in accordance with the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers, providing protection against the following risks: medical services (including dentistry), medical transport, repatriation of a patient, the insured’s repatriation in case of death.
- It is possible to insure persons of any age.
- Premium only from 35 EUR per person per year.
- No age restrictions.
- Insurance is valid in the territory of the Republic of Latvia and any other Schengen Area member state.
This program is intended for the following persons:
- who are willing to receive a residence permit and according to the Immigration Law of the Republic of Latvia need to have a valid health insurance effective in the Republic of Latvia and in the territory of any other state of Schengen Area;
- For those who request a visa for entering in the Republic of Latvia or in any other state of Schengen Area;
- For any alien who enters and resides in the territory of Latvia or in any other state of Schengen Area to work.
The insured risks and insured amount
As stipulated in Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers “Regulations for Health Insurance of Aliens” minimum insured amount for one person is EUR 42 600.
* Limit per event is EUR 750, except for repatriation costs.
** Deductible for “Medical costs” and “Dental services” is EUR 50.
Additional terms and conditions
Insurance is valid in the territory of the Republic of Latvia and any other state of Schengen Area.
Insurance period and insurance premium
- Latvia or turn to a certified medical practitioner.
- In urgent cases, call Emergency Medical Assistance by calling 113 or 03;
- In both of the above cases, when you have received medical assistance, you must keep documents proving the payment made (cash receipts, strict accounting receipts), and also keep other documents supporting the payment: medical certificate issued by a medical institution, or a statement stating the diagnosis.
- Complete the application on the Seesam website.
In all other cases related to the insurance coverage included in the policy and the related expenses, the following shall be performed:
- Calls to Seesam's 24-hour customer support phone: 67 06 10 00
- We will provide prompt assistance and advice on how to proceed in the specific situation.